Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Friday, January 25, 2013

Scrabble Headband

I had seven sets of Scrabble in my classroom. Every so often I have a bored student organize the boards and make sure all the sets have the correct letters. I am now down to five complete sets and a whole bunch of "extra" tiles. I keep them on hand to add to the sets as the tiles disappear. Did you know Scrabble tiles are fun to throw? I didn't but my students sure like to do it.

Anyway, my daughter has been wearing a lot of headbands lately and we decided to try making a few unique ones of our own. Enter the Scrabble tiles.


I picked up a bunch of headbands at the Dollar Tree. This project was simple we just found the needed tiles and hot glued them to a headband. Delia, made one but wouldn't let me share it. I had my vision of how the letters should be glued on and she had hers. Bottom line is my way was wrong and hers was right. She wore it to school and received many compliments on it. She let everyone know that her mom thought hers was done the wrong way. When will I learn to let her go with her own ideas? Badmom.com

I am sharing the one I made for my niece Lucy.



I tried to get a good picture of the headband on her head, but a three-year-old named Lucy isn't the best model.



This is as good as it gets folks. I have several other headbands to share, but want to wait until I can do a good modeling session with Ms.Delia.


1 comment: