Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Do Your Homework

It was mid-summer and I spotted a cute little pine desk on Craigslist. I was stoked when I discovered it was located a mile from my house. When I went to pick it up the seller and I began to chat and figured out her ex-husband worked with me at one point. She was very nice and even threw in a few unopened cans of stain.
The desk sat on the side of my house for over a month with the rest of my furniture collection. Generally this area is where our tent trailer sits, but the co-owner of the tent trailer has kept it at their house all summer. It is a good thing because I had TONS of project furniture to store. It is also a good thing this summer ended up being one of the driest on record so my furniture stayed dry.

Anyway, I finally got around to knocking out furniture towards the end of August in anticipation of the Camas Antiques Vintage Faire. The desk made it's way to the sale with me, and found it's way back when it didn't sell.
I knew it would go quick and after posting it on Facebook I had a bite within minutes. The buyer was a mother I have worked with through the school's parent group. I will also have her daughter in class this year. In fact, the desk was for her daughter.
I think it is funny that the desk I "created" will be where she will create essays and such for me. I know because it is so darn cute it should make her homework a bit easier to do...maybe.




I painted this desk with Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue and topped it with soft wax. I stained the top of the desk with a cherry and loved how it turned out. The matching chair's seat was covered with a steel grey burlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment