Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Thursday, February 20, 2014

ANYONE? Up for Sale Soon

I have not had a lot of time to blog lately. I'll be honest,  I haven't taken time to blog lately. I recently sold a dresser to a lovely woman and she suggested I post pictures of the furniture I currently have so perhaps her friends could take a look. GREAT IDEA.

Here is what I have...


This is a small cabinet. It may have been a secretary style at one point, but does not have a door any longer. All drawers function. It isn't the sturdy quality of other like pieces, but still has a lot of life in it. I think this piece would be fantastic painted red or a turquoise to add drama to a room. I imagine this as great piece in a bathroom for extra storage (after saying that I may have convinced myself to keep it) or in a hallway for key storage and such.  It will be $150 when completed. It is currently in my bedroom holding my husband's Christmas loot.



This is a fantastic sturdy piece with tons of potential. I plan on sanding the top, staining it and sealing it with some yummy hemp oil. The body would look great painted in a Ralph Lauren metallic steel blue paintand top coated with dark wax to age it. This piece also has a fantastic decorative mirror that attaches to the back that is not pictured. It will be $250 when complete.

This piece is waiting for a new owner. I will either paint the inside shelves to match the rest or stain them a darker color for a more natural look. This would make a great TV console in a bedroom. It is $120.


 This armoir has tons of storage inside. It is a dresser and will not accomodate a television.  I just did another armoire in Paris Grey and Old White and it was AWESOME. I top coated it with dark wax to make the details pop. This piece might look fun in a creamy white with a color of choice to add some pop. It will be around $200.

This is a set of end tables. There is a single functioning drawer on each one. I am planning on painting these the ever popular "peacock". The knobs are brushed silver. The pair will be $90.

Not pictured:

Small solid maple buffet- This is a shorter buffet and would be perfect for a smaller space. It has two doors on the bottom and drawers for storage. I have a vision of painting this black or possibly a grey. It will run around $200.
Four kitchen table chairs with padded seats-These have a rustic "Mexican" feel to me. I despartely want to paint them peacock and add a bright patterned fabric to the seats. The set will be $120.

Small nightstand sized dresser- Perfect for a smaller TV console. This will be around $50 when complete.

Small desk- I can't wait to pick up this cutie. I am thinking of going with a light blue and topping it with vintage sheet music. It will be around $130.

Heavy Tall Dresser- I can't wait to do this piece. It has an Asian vibe and is STURDY. I will have to have one one open drawer on this as one of the drawers is not functioning. I can keep it open at the top to allow room for TV components or at the bottom. I may go with a black on this with red accents. I also thought about doing peacock and white. It will be $150.

Heavy Tall Dresser-This is a more traditional solid wood piece. I plan on keeping the top natural wood with a dark stain and sealing it with hemp oil. The body is telling me it wants to be painted navy blue. It will have an open drawer at the bottom. This piece will be around $150.

No comments:

Post a Comment