Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Heart Buffets

I really do have a thing for buffets. Credenza? Sideboard? Call them what you like, but I like them all. They are great for storage and for displaying vignettes. I have had several buffets in my lifetime and currently am sporting a gorgeous cherry wood one with Venetian glass. I probably won't part with it anytime soon because it has sentimental value.
This buffet was a bear. I picked it up by myself all the way on the other side of the world. It was a hot day and it was not fun. This sucker is HEAVY. When I unloaded it I realized it was a lot more banged up then I thought. I had to fill in some places and do a little more work than I like. After I finally came up with a color scheme and began painting I started to actually like it. THEN, I went to add the hardware.
 I thought I was being smart by punching the hardware holes into a piece of paper so when I went to Home Depot (and eventually Lowes) I could simply take the drawer pull to ensure it lined up. I did this. I really did. When I got home I put two handles on and then stated on the next drawer. Not good. They didn't fit. Two of the drawers had different size pulls. After several trips to the hardware store I finally found some that matched and fit.
The colors on this are Sherwin Williams Westinghouse White and Mink. I top coated it with Annie Sloan Dark Wax. Even with the damage it looks great. In fact, it would look lovely in my kitchen. Never mind I don't want to drag it up the stairs it is that heavy so alas it is for sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment