Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Monday, November 7, 2011

Ahhhh....

I love this time of year. As I type this I am looking out the window at clear skies and beautiful fall foliage. This weekend was the kind I live for. I was able to get a lot done, relax, and hang out with my family. Can't get any better than that.
I am gearing up for a holiday bazaar on the 19th at Margaret Scott Elementary. This will be my second adventure in selling my wares. The first one, this summer, wasn't too successful due to torrential downpours in July. I learned a few lessons and am hoping for more success this time around. I may do two other bazaars if this one goes well. I have a huge list of things I am creating for the sale. Some fun stuff. I just ordered  business cards for the sale. I am hoping to drum up some business so we can pay for a trip to Hawaii the kids are dreaming about. Drexler said, "Mom, no one cares about this kind of stuff. It is just nerdy." We went into Camas Antiques (http://camasantiques.blogspot.com/) yesterday and he said, "This is the kind of stuff you like." I proceeded to tell him some people do like my kind of junk and maybe when he sees the results of my "work" he will get it.

I am also excited about a big piece of furniture I am going to start working on...


I got this off of Craiglist this weekend. I had to drive to HILLSBORO to pick it up,totally worth it.  This baby is a great size; not too big, not too small. I am trying to decide on a color to paint it. What do you think? Should I go with a light grey? A pale blue? A creamy white? My hope is to get it done ASAP and try to consign it at Camas Antiques or Monticello. Stay tuned for the finished product. Enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment