Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Monday, November 28, 2011

Deck the Halls

I love decorating the house for various holidays. Maybe it is because I like change and enjoy tinkering. I am embarrassed to admit how many tubs, bins, containers (choose your lingo) I have for various holidays. Can you guess which has the most? Christmas is number one, followed by Halloween/Fall/Thanksgiving. I am ashamed (not really) to admit I even have a tub for St.Patrick's Day.
I am not totally done decorating yet, but I am getting there. Here is a sneak peek...


 I moved one of my corner cabinets into the kitchen for the holidays. I wanted to put the tree in the corner it belongs in. I painted these a year or so ago. I LOVE the pair of them, but especially like the way it looks with my holiday decorations. I still have a few things to add, but for the most part it holds my vintagey (spell that one) decorations.


 I am beginning to have a thing for Putz houses. I heart them


Here is a closer look. Can you tell I like Bethany Lowe? I just wish she wasn't so expensive.


My aunt gave me this nativity scene when I first moved out. I love the white...so peaceful.


It is hard to get a good picture of the mantel. I went with a silver and white theme this year. Not entirely done, but it is getting there. Yes that is a television inside the fireplace. We never used it and since this is our "formal" room I didn't want it on top of the mantel. It works for us.


I opened the doors to my other corner cabinet. Opps. I forgot to paint the inside of the doors.


Here is a view of behind the couch. A little more traditional back here. Don't you HATE the swags? For some reason my husband loves them. It has been six years and I still can't convince him to take them down.


My daughter's bathroom has a beach theme. This wreath hangs year round, but fits in great right now.


I added this jute twine and button tree to the bathroom for a little extra spirit.


Even the laundry room got some sprucing up. Ignore the hole in the wall. I have some patching to do.

I love these pictures I made last year. I simply added mica flakes to a painting and I have instant winter art.

That's about it for now. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment