Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Monday, February 6, 2012

It Wasn't Broken When I Bought It

I was redoing the entry way and needed a credenza type table. You know how when you are looking for something you can never find what you need? Well, it was late Saturday night and I started perusing Craigslist and up this puppy came:

Now, the best part was it was located close (as in three miles away) and they were excellent at communicating. I swung by, check it out and even kicked the legs to make sure they were sturdy. I paid what they were asking (I generally pay the "this is all I have game") and started to load it into the old Volvo. As my son and I were pushing it in I broke a leg (table leg).
I had to come home and bust out the Guerrilla Glue. This made me mad because it was going to postpone my plans. Oh, well.
Here is the lady with primer...

 All finished...


Semi gussied up. Does anyone have an idea for a lampshade? I am in need of one.


 The color on the table is Watery. I was going to do some distressing, but figure it will happen in due time. There is some debate as to if this will be a permanent home for the table. My husband feels it doesn't allow people enough room to get in the door. I said we can poll guests to see what they think. If they agree I will sell it. This is a win-win situation.

2 comments:

  1. oh pretty! i love the color and beachy look you are creating! i would go with a ghost lamp shade or a burlap one, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
    OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete