Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mappy, Mappy, Mappy

I recently picked up some awesome stuff at the auction. I was doing double duty as the girl's basketball team was playing at the school next door. I ran back and forth between the auction and the game in the pouring rain. At the end of the night the auctioneer had drank a little too much (I am not kidding) and things got a bit crazy. I'm not going to lie, I go to the auction for entertainment as much as I do for stuff. Anyway, I picked up several things for nearly free.
One of them was an early 90's table. It was solid, but dated. I brought it home and painted it up to create this:

Okay, I failed again at getting pictures. See, I write my posts then I take pictures. This post was sitting ready to be published, but I had no pictures yet. I had taken a few to post it on Craigslist, but they weren't great. It sold fast and I realized I never got  blog-worthy pictures. So here is the  table back of my car.



I decoupaged  maps from Portland, New York and Washington DC on top and put a coat of poly on top to protect it. I am sure it is destined for some Portland Hipster's house in a trendy part of town.

 
Yep...it went to a hip office in Portland. The business has offices in NYC, DC and Portland. PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment