Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gearing Up

After two weeks off I head back to work tomorrow. Crazy thing is I did not complete any projects over the break. I am looking forward to accomplishing a few in the nextcouple of weeks. Here is something I forgot to share. I had planned on selling it, but alas it was a weird shade and I ended up moving lamps around (did you know I have a lamp fetish?). I figured I might as well use it. I have it next to my bed and love it! It looks a little crooked here, but I promise it isn't.

I also hinted at my winter themed decorations. I figured I should share them. This is the front window. I change it often to keep things moving. I kept some of the Christmas decorations out for this reason. I can't bear to put away the glitter deer just yet.


Here is a look at my lovely bird candle holder. I bought it at Kohls last year. My mom has one as well so we can really make a statement with both of them. Maybe I will have a party just to show them off.


This is one of my chalkboards. We love to write little messages on it. I figured it should go in the window to get the snow motivated.


Here is our mantle. I love the WISH banner so much. Can I keep it up all year?


I recently took a framing class in order to prepare to build some things this spring. I have promised my daughter we would build her a playhouse since her brother has one. I never got around to it. Well, in my class we built a four by eight structure. When the class ended I asked the teacher what they would be doing with the it. He told me they would just tear it down. I had wheels turning. I emailed the Rebuild It Center (if you live in Portland you have to know about this place) and asked how much they wanted for it. I was willing to pay up to $100. They told me $20. A few days later my husband, kids and I went to the workshop and took the walls down. It is mainly intact and will be easy to reconstruct. My daughter and I will finish it up this spring! I am so excited. Here is a sneak peak:


Back to the grind tomorrow. Let the fun begin!

4 comments:

  1. Of course you can leave the wish banner up! Wishes aren't limited to the holidays!! Thanks for linking up to my linky party! You have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamp is adorable. Sorry it is your last day of freedom, but I look forward to seeing what you do in 2012...I'm a new follower too. Stop by and visit, cause I love to meet new blog friends, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah, I can just imagine how excited you daughter is right now, looking forward to the spring to erect her new playhouse. Lucky girl. Thanks for sharing all your great stuff. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC ideas. Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete