Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Monday, October 1, 2012

Pottery Barn Inspired Dresser

I bought this dresser this summer for a customer. I almost started painting it to their specifications and decided to check in with them. They didn't have the money and decided against it. The dresser sat while I waited for inspiration. Two months later I finally found a color that inpsired me; Sherwin Williams Sea Serpent. Here is the pieces that got my creative juices flowing:


I loved this dresser from Pottery Barn. I especially loved the color. I keep
visualizing a pirate theme or nautical room. Too bad my ten-year-old would only allow a baseball motif in his man cave.

Here is my version:




I like the original handles. I guess brass is making a comeback.



I painted this with my version of chalkpaint.I then top coated it with Annie Sloan Dark Wax. LOVE that stuff. This baby is up for sale now.

No comments:

Post a Comment