Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Friday, January 25, 2013

Just Can't Get Enough

Yes, this is a reference to one of my favorite Depeche Mode song in case you were wondering.

Early in the fall I purchased a table at my secret auction for a mere $7. It had bottom shelf (Mr.Dickey loves himself a shelf) and WHEELS!
As with everything in my garage it sat. I had no idea what to do with this table. No inspiration whatsoever. The top had two tones of wood in a geometric pattern. It also had a funky border (darn it, I forgot before pictures). The shelf was caned...sort of and wasn't in the greatest shape.
I didn't think a shabby chic paint job would look good on this piece because the shape was a bit more modern. I was stumped. The only thing I did know was the "cane like" shelf had to be painted. Enter Martha Stewart silver paint. I have used a lot of metallic paint in my thirty-eight-years and this is top notch in my book. It covers well and I don't have to paint a million coats on.
After the silver went on the table began to talk to me. It told me to tape the top following the lines already there.

Next, it told me to paint it with my favorite Ralph Lauren paint from this project:


I did exactly what it told me to and it turned out perfectly. I am debating on whether or not I will sell this piece. Mr.Dickey isn't a fan of furniture change. At this point my plan is to bring the table in under the guise of talking pictures of it in order to sell it. I may list it, or may not...it depends on what it tells me to do.





As you can see I didn't get Mr.Dickey to move it inside for a photo shoot. It is hard to stage a table in the garage  my workshop for pictures so I didn't. I really like the way it turned out and think it will really make a statement in a room. Too bad it won't be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment