Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Monday, January 14, 2013

McDickey Breakfast Sandwich

The Dickeys are not breakfast eaters. Let me clarify, we don't like to eat right after we wake up. My sister likes to tease us about getting up as late as possible. Yep, Mr.Dickey's is out the door in twenty minutes and I can do it in forty (it would be less if I didn't have to feed the dogs and chickens).
I do eat breakfast, but not until third or fourth period (roughly 9:15-10:30). My breakfasts need to be portable and something I can grab as I head out the door.

Enter the McDickey breakfast sandwich.



I make the egg part of the sandwich on Sunday night using my favorite Demarle mold.


I lllllooooovvvvveeeeee Demarle products. I could go on and on about the reasons why, but I don't want you to think I am a sales rep. I should be, but I'm not.  If you don't own any Demarle you should at least go to a party sometime. It isn't cheap, but it is well worth the money.

This mold is the perfect size to fit on an English muffin. I place two eggs in each cavity, break the yolk and add a bit of salt and pepper. I usually make a few without yolks for myself.


Next I bake it for twenty minutes at 350 degrees.

After they cool down I pop them out and put them in a container in the fridge. The night before I take a slice of cheese, a sausage patty (sometimes I use Morning Star) and an English muffin to create a delicious grab and go sandwich.


At work all I have to do is pop it in the microwave for a minute and I'm good to go. The only problem? My students begging me for some. Mmmmmm.....
The best thing is I have virtually no nasty egg pan/dish to clean. Demarle is cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment