Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Traegerized Chili Egg Bake

I have a 3000 square foot house with ONE 24-inch oven. Who designs a house that large with a 24-inch oven? Well someone in 1963 did. Ugh.

The night before Easter I prepared all of my dishes. I am the kind of entertainer who gets everything ready in advance so I can relax for the actual event. On our menu for Easter Brunch was Creme Brule French toast,  a Chili Egg Bake, fruit and bacon. I Traegered the bacon the day before and got the rest of the dishes ready that night.
Easter morning I turned on the oven and began to put the dishes in and realized there was no way all four casserole dishes were going to fit in the oven. What was I going to do?
My Traeger. Would it work? Maybe. I took the chance.


Here is the finished product. It came out perfect. In fact, the egg bake I put in my oven had to be left in the oven longer because it just wasn't baking fast enough.
I was concerned that the eggs may be a bit too smokey for some of my guests, but everyone agreed it was good. It must have been because the egg bake I put in the oven was almost untouched (thus my lunch for the next three days).
I usually put only a few of my dishes onto the Traeger because I worry about the possibility of smoke damage, but my Emile Henry did just fine.

Here is the recipe so you can try it yourself.


Good luck.

Green Chili Bake
Heat oven or Traeger to 350
12 eggs (beat)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Stir in:
4 cups grated cheese (I used cheddar, but you can use one of preference)
3 cups cottage cheese
2 4 ounce cans chopped green chiles
Place in greased 9x13 baking dish for 35-40 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

I was given this recipe by a co-worker, Mrs. Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment