Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Board By Any Other Name...

Call it a bulletin board, a cork board, whatever you like. I picked this frame up at the Goodwill bins awhile back. I liked the shape, I liked the details and I liked the .75 price. I added some foam core board covered in fabric and suddenly I have this:


Here is what her door looked like before:


I am hanging this lovely lady on the outside of my daughter's door so she won't have to use tape on it anymore. We shall see how long it lasts.

So I have to make a confession. This board ended up costing me A LOT more than the above stated .75. I was in a hurry (like normal) and grabbed a piece of foam core board. I traced the back and began using my handy dandy electric scissors. When I flipped it over I saw Scotty Pippins face. Oh shiznit. I accidentally grabbed my husband's valuable one-of-a-kind poster. Let's just say we had been in an argument and bringing this to him was like rubbing salt in wounds. Yikes. I showed him. I apologized, but nothing can bring Scotty back to the way he was. This board is now worth some money...in a way.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to hang it on her door. My daughter is the same way. She has tons of little "decorations" hanging on her door.

    ReplyDelete