Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Golf Wreath Revealed

Finding baseballs has proven to be difficult. I have resorted to telling kids I will pay a buck per ball. Angels sang when a fellow teacher brought me an entire crate of old baseballs. He said it was payment for my bathroom during the strike.
This week I had two baseball wreaths to make so I decided to try a golf wreath.



Since golf balls are much smaller you can see a bit more of the wreath frame. I think on the next one I will paint the frame silver or white to make it blend in a little better. I covered the back of the frame with ribbon to make it look a bit neater. I used hot glue, but also a super glue for added strength. I will list it on Etsy to see if making more will be feasible. The good news is golf balls are much easier to find.

I finally decided on a fabric for my wicker bench. I love it and if it doesn't sell I have the perfect spot for it!




 

This bench is currently for sale on Craigslist. I have a few projects I have started and hope to finish up this weekend. It is good to be back in the groove!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!!! It would be perfect for father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I am going to do this for my grandmother who used to golf until she injured her shoulder recently. She'd love this.

    ReplyDelete