Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Golf Wreath Revealed

Finding baseballs has proven to be difficult. I have resorted to telling kids I will pay a buck per ball. Angels sang when a fellow teacher brought me an entire crate of old baseballs. He said it was payment for my bathroom during the strike.
This week I had two baseball wreaths to make so I decided to try a golf wreath.



Since golf balls are much smaller you can see a bit more of the wreath frame. I think on the next one I will paint the frame silver or white to make it blend in a little better. I covered the back of the frame with ribbon to make it look a bit neater. I used hot glue, but also a super glue for added strength. I will list it on Etsy to see if making more will be feasible. The good news is golf balls are much easier to find.

I finally decided on a fabric for my wicker bench. I love it and if it doesn't sell I have the perfect spot for it!




 

This bench is currently for sale on Craigslist. I have a few projects I have started and hope to finish up this weekend. It is good to be back in the groove!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!!! It would be perfect for father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/Clever-Chicks-Blog-Hop-12.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I am going to do this for my grandmother who used to golf until she injured her shoulder recently. She'd love this.

    ReplyDelete