Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekend Finds

Here in Portland we have been having a string of BEAUTIFUL days. Typically our average temp this time of year is mid-sixties and cloudy with a sun break occasionally. This weekend we had temperatures in the high 80's. The forecast predicts warm weather for at least another week. I decided it was the perfect time to get the pool ready.
Pools sound glamorous, but unless you have $$$ to hire the work done they aren't. They require a lot of work to get them up and going. First, I had to sweep the pool deck, then I had to power wash the pool deck. After that I had to sweep it again. Then, I had to scrub the pool furniture. Ugh. I still have the fun "decorating" stuff to do, but it will have to wait because tomorrow night after work I GET to power wash the deck to prepare it for staining and sealing. I have to take advantage of the weather while I have it.
Before I worked my little tail off I enjoyed some time with my dear friend Denise. Her former hairdresser was holding a tent sale at her home. Friday night there was a pre-sale. For $5 there was wine,  cheese and chocolate. She had great taste and had many Annie Sloan painted pieces. She also had some great deals. Here are three of my finds:


 This lovely piece was only $12. She measures almost 20". FABULOUS.


Locker basket $15. I also got a lead on a place I can pick up some more. Yippee.


This baby was also $12. It is a large one. About 2' long and 16" wide. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but I am sure I will find something.

Saturday I ran up to Camas Antiques for a sidewalk sale. I almost got out the door without anything, but at the last second I spotted some amazing "curtains". They are a vintage pink "barkclothy" tropicalish pattern. I am so excited to use them. I also got a lovely piece of dusty pink vintage upholstery fabric. I forgot to take pictures of them, but they are great and destined for something even greater. I am still thinking about this awesome quilt they had and I may have to go back up and get it. Should have bought it.

Later that day I had to go to a baby shower out in the boonies. I drove by a odd junk shop. I passed it on the way there, but on the way back I stopped. The two old guys who run the place are characters and I have a feeling it will be a new haunt. I didn't even ask to pay less for this piece, but they charged me less than the sticker price for it. I am going to paint the ugly brass in either a silver or black.



The top is real marble. I love it, but don't need it so it will become someone elses.

After I loaded it up into the car I stopped by a man selling hostas on the side of the road. Holy cow. His one gallon hostas were 5 for $20. That is a remarkable price. I am going to head out to his nursery this next week to pick up some. You can never have too many hostas.

I have been very busy and with our impending strike things aren't looking better. This weekend was a good one and I was able to focus on other things for awhile. I have also been selling a lot of these:


Have any balls you want to give me? Let me tell you they are hard to come by. Who would have thunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment