Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Monday, May 7, 2012

Sit Down & Take A Breath

Lately I have found myself drifting. I seem to float from one project to the next and then back again. Work is stressing me out because we are very close to striking. It breaks my heart to think of leaving my students for a strike. They will suffer. My family will struggle. It isn't a good time at work.
I find joy in my family. I love them and am so happy to be where we are at with the kids. I wouldn't call my lack of focus boredom, but I need something else. I think this is why I have been pouring my time into projects. Many of my friends know this means I am yearning for a change on the job front...not leaving schools just something different.
I have justified my project time in one way...money. I have been selling a lot of my work lately. This one will be up for sale soon. I didn't get a before shot, but it was an ugly 80s wicker color. I think they may have had one like it on Three's Company. I can't decide what to do with the seat cushion. Thoughts?

 The red and black plaid is a wool. It is very thick and lovely. The middle is what is on it now. It is a sage green and coffee brown leopard type print. Not my deal, but maybe someone else will enjoy it. The last fabric is a navy and black plaid. One of my favs, but again this isn't for me.



What to do? I am sure I will decide I am leaning towards the red and black.

1 comment:

  1. In the year of the Diamond Jubilee, all things British are hot. I'd go for the red Balmoral plaid. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete