Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Sunday, June 24, 2012

When Not to Sew

It has been a crazy few weeks. With the end of the school year festivities and Drexler on an All Star team I haven't had time for anything. The house is a mess, the garage is full of projects, the yard is crazy and I am tired.
My pool laundry table is covered in various projects in different states of completion. Last night after a practice baseball game, and pizza with some members of the team, I sat  down at 10:00 to watch a little tele with Drex. I figured while watching I could also sew a flag on a pillow for the 4th of July decorations. Bad decision.
Do not sew when you have stared at a computer for six hours, watched baseball in the rain and have drank a beer. When I was sewing the flag on it looked even...



Oh well. I could take it off and start over again, but if I did that it wouldn't be done until next 4th of July. I thought about adding a red rosette to even it out a bit, but at this point it will have to wait. By the way I picked up the pillow at IKEA on clearance for $3. I really wish I would have bought more.

Today I have been a painting fool. I am excited to share some posts about those projects soon. I have also been smoking some ribs for my brother-in-laws graduation party tonight.




1 comment: