Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Sunday, September 23, 2012

BBQ Dedication

I am a big fan of  pulled pork. I admit it was one f of those things I am kind of known for. Yep, mine is that good. Good pulled pork takes dedication. It isn't hard, but it takes time. The great thing about a Traeger is you can't really ruin anything. My Traeger makes me the chef I am.

I used some pork roasts this time around. These were rubbed and sat in the fridge until the magic hour. I used a throwaway pan because later I would use the same one to pull the pork in and serve it. When I enterain the easier the better.


This was the magic hour. This is a.m. As in the middle of the night.

Smoking in the middle of the night. I had a picture of my trusty Traeger at 3:00 in the morning, but since it was so dark it didn't turn out well.

Here it is shredded.

We doctored this up with Sweet Baby Rae's BBQ sauce. It is our favorite. My husband's aunt was here from Arizona. We had a big dinner of pulled pork, beans, coleslaw (I am good at this one too), corn and more. The good news is we had plenty left over for BBQ pork pizza later in the week (of course it was also cooked on my Traeger). Darn now I am hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment