Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's Christmas Time With the Dickeys

I do not shop on Black Friday. Part of the reason is because I disagree with crazy consumerism, but the biggest reason is I wouldn't deal with the crowds very well. Black Friday=PANIC ATTACK. The day after Thanksgiving for me should be called Deck The Halls Day.
Back when my kids were little I would load them in the car and take them to the babysitter for the day. I would grab my Starbucks on the way home and I would spend six hours beautifying the house for the Holidays. When I was done I would pick them up and bring them home to a transformed magical place. Now, my kids don't have a babysitter (just our live in Nanny Nana) and I have to decorate around them.I started at nine in the morning and threw in the towel at ten at night (it took forever because my kids still need me!)I still have my trees to put up (yes we have at least two trees every year), but I generally wait a week or two for them.

Here is this year's mantle. I went with a "natural" theme. I like the white and silver.



My brother literally picked this skull/rack/? up at his wife's family ranch in Heppner, Oregon. Do you think it is a bit too much?



 I tried selling this banner last year, but have decided it should stay with me instead. I am trying to sell it on Etsy however. Check out my shop at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/DickeysDecor


I picked up these "putz" houses last year at Marshall's after Christmas. I LOVE them.



Our leg lamp is famous in the neighborhood. You can see it clearly from the street. It is fageelay.





This is the fireplace downstairs. I have big plans to build a mantle for it after the holidays. This banner is also on Etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/DickeysDecor



Can't forget the top of the television.


I have a few things I need to finish up for our outside decorations this weekend. I also need to hang my AWESOME new vintage poster I picked up. I will share pictures of of that soon. Next week I will be busy gearing up for a big event at my children's school and the only bazaar I am doing this season. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment