Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Monday, November 12, 2012

Milk Paint Virgin

I am no longer a milk paint virgin. Awhile ago I purchased a sampler set of my Goddess Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint off of Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/redposie). It sat gathering dust until I had some time to play. My husband's family loves to dump their cast off pieces at our house occasionally and this table was one of them (Sometimes I think I should have a donation sign in our front yard). Insert before picture here...(oops I didn't take one).
Not being a direction follower I mixed the milk paint up and went for it. I grabbed Kitchen Scale and got going. After five minutes I regretted this decision. The paint was b asically water. I kept painting, but cursed the drips on my garage floor. Once I was finished I took a step back and shook my head. I wasn't feeling it.
A few days later I painted some grey stripes on it and decided I liked it.





I am planning on painting a nightstand for Drexler today in Tricycle. I am going to watch a tutorial before I attempt to try this again. Miss Mustard Seed said it was different to paint with milk paint and she was right. I love the result, but it is going to take some getting used to. They say the first time can be rough :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment