Dickey's Decor

Home, Garden and More

Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Tried...

A few months ago I bought a jute type rug at IKEA for our front door. I had the great intention of painting it with a big D for Dickey to welcome our guests. I have seen these around Blogland and thought, "I can do that".
I busted out my rug, a Sharpie and some plates and got going...

The rug was about $4


I traced a big plate first and then a smaller one. Unfortunately, my handy dandy D stencil was a little too big and I had already drawn the pattern with my Sharpie.


Here is what I ended up with. I don't like it. My D was to darn big and I was in such a hurry it turned out all funky. The paint I used didn't really work out all that well either. I tried. Next time will be better, but for now I can't bear to throw it out. I think I will put it outside the basement door. I think the dogs will like it.


It does match the door...


Looking forward to some of this...


Here is a project that actually turned out well!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think your "D" turned out bad at all and I love that it matches the door. Love the chalk tray as well. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete